COUNTY TIPPERARY BUSINESS AWARDS
BEST STARTUP OF THE YEAR 2017
The County Tipperary Business Awards will award The Best Startup of the Year award to an organisation, trading 5 years or less, that demonstrates innovation in its model/process/service or product in the marketplace. The Startup Award recognises an organisation who has the most compelling opportunity.
To be eligible for the Best Startup Award, nominees must have been in operation for a minimum of 12 months, based in Tipperary and not trading for more than 5 years. If the company can demonstrate a long commercialisation process and that trading only began within the 5-year timeline even though the company was formally established outside of the 5-year rule, then they will be considered eligible also. In the latter case evidence should be provided to satisfy to the judges that the company is still on its startup journey.
Judges will be looking at:
- Innovation: The winning business demonstrates the application of innovation in business model/products/or services.
- For B2B: The business demonstrates how the adoption of their product/service has positively impacted the way they and/or organisations or industries are doing business. This impact is apparent through elements such as increases in efficiency, revenue, job creation.
- For B2C: The business demonstrates how their product/service positively impacted the customers – are they helping to satisfy a compelling need coupled with a great market opportunity. Note: If the startup is going through a long commercialisation process then the judges will be looking for compelling potential impact.
- Viability: This business demonstrates innovative thinking in business planning and management.
- Growth & Developments: Evidence of impressive performance and achievement coupled with planning for growth and acting upon opportunity in the market