On 29 May, the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation and Minister of State for Employment and Small Business launched a new Enterprise Ireland Regional Enterprise Development Fund of up to €60m.
The Fund is aimed at accelerating economic recovery in all regions of the country (including Dublin, contrary to one recent press report) by delivering on the potential of local and regional enterprise strengths. The Fund will support significant collaborative regional initiatives to build on specific industry sectoral strengths and improve enterprise capability, thereby driving job creation.
Under a competitive process, Enterprise Ireland is seeking applications for funding under four streams with varying investment levels:
· Stream One to support major regional, multi-regional or national sectoral initiative grants of €2m up to €5m per project in funding towards capital and current costs..
· Stream Two to support significant county, regional or multi-regional sectoral and or enterprise initiative grants of €250k up to €2m per project in funding towards capital and current costs.
· Stream Three for local and community enterprise initiative grants of €50k up to €250k per project in funding towards capital and current costs.
· Stream Four to support significant Industry Clustering initiatives with grants of €50k up to €250k per project in funding towards current costs.
Competitive feasibility funding to support the development of high quality regional projects is also available as part of this initiative.
Applicants must be not for profit entities that have already, or propose to, set up a distinct legal entity (DAC/CLG) that comprise national/regional, county and local stakeholders, with a purpose of benefiting the wider needs of the community and region/nation as defined in the four funding streams outlined.
· The first call is currently open with an application deadline of Fri 18th August, 2017 at 3.00pm.
· The second call will open on 8th January, 2018 and close 2nd March, 2018 at 3.00pm.
Feasibility Study Grant applications of up to €22,500 have an application deadline of Fri 9th June, 2017 at 3.00pm.
Further details on this fund are available on the Enterprise Ireland website www.enterprise-ireland.com/REDF
Enterprise Ireland is arranging a series of information session on the Regional Enterprise Development Fund for interested applicants in each region. Details are:
Region Location Date Time
South East Springhill Court, Kilkenny 8th June 11.30 for 12.00
South West Oriel House Hotel, Ballincollig, Cork 8th Jun 16.30 for 17.00
Mid-West The Strand Hotel, Limerick 22nd June 08.00 for 08.30
North West Clayton Hotel, Sligo 22nd June 13.30 for 14.00
Midlands Tullamore Court Hotel, Tullamore 23rd June 10.30 for 11.00
Mid-East The Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth 26th June 10.30 for 11.00
Dublin The Red Cow Hotel, Dublin 6th July 13.30 for 14.00
North-East Dundalk/Cavan tbc
West Ard Ri House Hotel, Tuam, Co. Galway 29th June 18.30 for 19.00
If you cannot attend the briefing session in your own region, you have the opportunity to attend another regional briefing instead.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Chamber News & Events
Read some of our past events and posts,